Sunday 1 January 2012

Anime Spotlight: Stein's Gate


When I think of the word 'time machine', I immediately get images of that old movie of the same name back in 2002 or an image of that old novel by H.G Wells with the brown cover floating into my mind.
Needless to say, The anime I'm about out to share, in a nut shell, is about, well you guessed it, Time Travel.
And in staying true to Japan's uncanny talent for twisting old worn out ideas into something completely new and refreshing, they've completely reinvented the age old theory once again...in ways I've never seen anywhere else.
Not that I was surprised or anything....
Geez, what do they put in their water supply over there? Can I have some? lol
So as you can probably tell by now, I absolutely loved it, from beginning to end.
Mind you, it's not for the feint of heart, and one can easily become lost in a web of scientific data if you're not too careful.
But if you're used to anime like say, Ghost in the Shell, Serial Experiments Lain or even Durarara, it should be like a walk in the park.
(And I say this, because I've met a lot of 'anime fans' who don't really like information overload. So if all you're looking for is a lot of action and fight sequences, I guarantee that this is not the anime for you, so don't say I didn't warn you.)
Anyway here's the synopsis: 

Steins;Gate is set in the summer of 2010, approximately one year after the events that took place in Chaos;Head, in Akihabara.

Steins;Gate is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN, who has been doing their own research on time travel, tracks them down and now the characters have to find a way to avoid being captured by them.

(Sources: VNDB, Wikipedia)
*****

And so my answer is yes, I definitely recommend. A lot of time and effort went into making this and I believe they deserve all the credit I can give.




RATING: 5 out of 5 stars *****





No comments:

Post a Comment